Alittle while ago, December 17th to be exact I made what I was calling ChocoBerry soap. To be ready, ok I didn’t calculate the times that great….Im new to making soap, but anyway to be ready for valentine’s day.
I scented it with chocolate covered strawberry scent, via Natures Garden fragrance oil. Well I went, apparently, light handed on the scent.
This was the day after making, unmolded and was disappointed. No scent and it was yellow and red instead of brown and red like a strawberry with chocolate on it.
Later, it has turned the colors I wanted but again no scent.
They are even darker now! I wish I had a picture but Im not where I can get a snip.
Anyway they are luxurious anyway from all the oils used, just not scented as I want. 🤷♀️ Live and learn.
Yesterday I made a batch of Baby Soft/Sensitive soap.
I unmolded and cut it today. Looks nice!
In the olive oil, I infused calendula, comfrey and chamomile; those aid in healing the skin. I use the calendula and comfrey in my homemade Neosporin and it helps in healing wonderfully!
My next soap, for valentines is going to be made with this!
My Valentines inspired soap, I may call it ChocoBerry. 🤔
Im thinking I should make the middle red and all around brown, just like a chocolate covered berry!
Made a new soap last night, a partial lard bar and it was beautiful when making it, but the cut was even better than I thought it would come out!Thanks to some name suggestions I named this batch Magical Mermaid 🧜♀️. The smell is sweet and kind of oceany, it was Sea Salt fragrance from Bramble Berry. It will be wrapped and ready to go mid to late January.
My Margarita soap. I messed up when measuring, luckily I double checked and ‘fixed’ it. I had no idea if it was going to correct my mistake. Also mixing 2 micas together looked like a mess when still in liquid state, but came out so beautiful when dried! This the lard/olive oil mixture and again did beautifully!
Still has to cure a good 4-6 weeks, will have to see what it will look like after curing.
But so far, a wonderful soap!!
Friday I made a lard/olive oil soap, Oatmeal, Milk & Honey scented. I was fearful it was not going to set, glad to see I was so wrong!!
They turned out so pretty! I think I am going to make another batch but scented different!
I can’t believe I have been out of my mind and forgotten to write here.
I made more soap about a week after my first one, it was kinda a mess. I learned a valuable lesson, don’t buy my scents from the local stores, buy it online… but I also learned to look online about my scents because they are not all created equal.
I wanted to make an Ocean Swirl for the next soap. To which I sort of did.
The scent or fragrance should I say, that I used accelerated the soaponification that it got so stiff so quickly that I couldn’t see that there were holes as I was trying to swirl and no matter how much tamping down I did. This fragrance was from an online source.
Then I made another soap, I call Kiwi Swirl, fragrance from a local store and it accelerated the soaping process even more that it was like oatmeal…. then while trying to smooth out the top it started to already gel.
Then after the next day, unmolded and cut, it was seeping oil. I thought I was going to lose my mind. After curing for awhile, it has a few more weeks, but its not oily anymore!
So, because my 1st 2 batches were alittle wonky, I made samples out of them.