I can’t believe I have been out of my mind and forgotten to write here.
I made more soap about a week after my first one, it was kinda a mess. I learned a valuable lesson, don’t buy my scents from the local stores, buy it online… but I also learned to look online about my scents because they are not all created equal.
I wanted to make an Ocean Swirl for the next soap. To which I sort of did.
The scent or fragrance should I say, that I used accelerated the soaponification that it got so stiff so quickly that I couldn’t see that there were holes as I was trying to swirl and no matter how much tamping down I did. This fragrance was from an online source.
Then I made another soap, I call Kiwi Swirl, fragrance from a local store and it accelerated the soaping process even more that it was like oatmeal…. then while trying to smooth out the top it started to already gel.
Then after the next day, unmolded and cut, it was seeping oil. I thought I was going to lose my mind. After curing for awhile, it has a few more weeks, but its not oily anymore!
So, because my 1st 2 batches were alittle wonky, I made samples out of them.